Join Our Team! At GMAN Construction, we pride ourselves on the caliber of people that are part of our organization. We invite you to explore our career opportunities.
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent
- 5 plus years of estimating experience.
- Analyze Information
- Develop Budgets
- Vendor Relationships
- Report Skills
- Decision Making
- Documentation Skills
- Quality Focus
- Material Take-Off